Member / Cox & Palmer
At Cox & Palmer, we believe that strong client relationships are the foundation for great results. With excellence in client service a number one priority, we deliver timely legal solutions built on a deep understanding of our clients’ needs and top quality work.
Mining Legal Services
Cox & Palmer’s lawyers provide comprehensive legal advice for mining companies throughout all phases of mining projects including mine exploration, development, operation and decommissioning.
Our commitment is to work with our clients and other industry professionals to provide timely and practical advice to allow our clients to foresee and successfully navigate the many business and regulatory challenges faced by companies in the mining industry.
Cox & Palmer continues to assist its mining clients by providing the following key services:
- Business start-up including advice on incorporation, business structure and tax considerations.
- Permitting and access for exploration
- Options, joint venture and farm-in agreements
- Environmental Assessment and Approval including Industrial Approvals
- Mineral rights applications
- Acquisition of surface rights including expropriation
- Initial public offerings and stock exchange listings
- Corporate restructuring
- Debt and private equity financing
- Construction contracts
- Operational and third party service provider contracts
- Labour and employment advices
- Occupational health and safety
- Intellectual property and trademark advices
- Claim dispute and general litigation
- Defence of regulatory prosecutions and orders
- Site reclamation and decommissioning